Solve Electrical Problems As Soon As Possible
The power of electricity in our lives cannot be underestimated.
Electrical energy can be used to power our electrical appliances and devices to produce heat, light, sound and motion.
Electricity is our friend when we harness its power correctly. However the careless usage of electricity can turn it into our enemy in the blink of an eye.
Touching an open electric wire/cable can cause severe burns. A cracked light switch, a damaged power outlet, a fused bulb or a faulty circuit breaker can cause much inconvenience at the least, or at worst, become a fire hazard and can lead to electrocution and potentially fatal accidents.
Hence for our own safety, we should always be mindful of any electrical problems arising, be it from electrical wiring, cables, electrical appliances, switches, power sockets, plugs, fuses, lightings, heaters, ovens, washing machines etc.
We should seek professional help to repair or replace any malfunctioning electrical parts/items as soon as possible.
Electrical Wires And Cables
Electrical wiring are insulated conductors (normally made of copper) which allow electricity to flow through them with minimal resistance. These wires are insulated with an outer sheath of rubber.
Electrical cables refers to two or more insulated wires running side by side, bonded and twisted together to form a single assembly.
Electrical wires and cables are rated by their properties such as circuit voltage, temperature rating and environmental conditions in which they can be used.
Each wire/cable has a voltage rating and a maximum conductor surface temperature rating.
The installation conditions will determine the amount of current each cable/wire can safely conduct.
Run New Electrical Wiring Or Rewire Your Home
In order to power up our electrical appliances and devices, we have electrical wiring running throughout all our homes and offices.
Proper electrical wiring is necessary to make sure the electricity flows smoothly from our power points to our lights, heater, ovens etc. Wiring problems may pose serious fire or electrocution hazards if they are not diagnosed and resolved as soon as possible.
Over time, prolong usage will wear down and damage our wires and cables. The outer rubber sheath becomes brittle and crumbles easily, thereby exposing the inner wires.
When electricity flows through, the exposed live wire may touch the outer enclosure causing it to become extremely hot. If we are not careful, we can get an electric shock or it may even become a fire hazard.
Power Overloading Results In Power Trips
If your home is more than 20 years old, for the safety of you and your family, we highly recommend you engage a reliable electrician to inspect your home’s electrical wiring, and consider rewiring your house.
In fact, many household fires are caused by old wiring that has degraded or is unable to cope with the demands of our modern power guzzling electrical devices, such as air conditioners, ovens, heaters and refrigerators.
Power overloading can also cause the wires to overheat and burn out.
This may happen when we have plugged in too many electrical appliances (especially high wattage appliances) to a single power point. Or sometimes the electrical appliances may be faulty, thus resulting in a sudden power surge, blown fuse and/or burnt wires.
The above are all major factors contributing to the power trips and blackouts we may experience from time to time.
4 Signs Your Home Needs Electrical Rewiring
- Circuit breakers which trip often
- Frequent blown fuses
- Charred or burnt power sockets, power outlets or switches
- Burning smell with a sizzling sound
Keep Safe – Seek Professional Help For Electrical Issues
Safety is crucial when working with electrical or wiring faults. When in doubt, why not simply engage the experts who are trained to provide reliable and efficient electrical services?
Our company provides electrical wiring and installation services – including the running of new cables, rewiring, wiring and installation of electrical power sockets, electrical power switches, light switches, heater switches, switch boards, circuit breakers, power points, lighting points and/or electrical appliances.
Call us at 9729 1059 or book an appointment with us today!